Adamawa: Boko Haram Suicide Bomb Attack On Mubi Mosque Kills 50

68
0
Share:

The Adamawa Police Command says the death toll in Tuesday’s Mubi mosque suicide attack has risen to 50.

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Othman Abubakar, confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday.

Mr. Abubakar said a young boy was responsible for the blast which occurred during the early morning prayer.

“We have 50 dead and we are now trying to get the exact number of those injured,” Mr. Abubakar said.

The attack happened in Dazala area of Mubi town in Adamawa on Tuesday around 5 a.m. when Muslims were observing the early morning prayer.

Fifteen people were earlier confirmed dead, but the figure was later reviewed to 25.

The incident was the first in three years since the liberation of Mubi town from Boko Haram insurgents in 2014.

Read our earlier reports below:

The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA has confirmed that 21 persons died in Tuesday morning suicide attack on worshippers in Mubi, Adamawa state.

Speaking via a telephone interview, NEMA coordinator, North-eastern, Bashir Garga, said eight persons injured in the attack had been evacuated for treatment.

”A suicide attack by a teenage boy after early morning prayers at a mosque has so far claimed the lives of at least 21 persons, and eight others injured seriously have been transferred to FMC, Yola,” Mr. Garga said.

“A boy of about 17-years-old, wearing a suicide vest entered the mosque along with other worshippers immediately after the prayers and detonated the bomb. Besides the eight (injured) transferred, others, wounded are receiving treatment at various hospitals in Mubi North,” he added.

PREMIUM TIMES had earlier reported how the suicide bomber detonated his deadly vest during the morning prayers.
“As people converged on Massalacin Madina at Anguwan Shuwa to observe Subh (morning prayer), an unknown man rammed himself into the mosque with IEDs, killing many people. As I am talking to you I saw over 20 dead with many injured’’, a resident of the area who identified himself as Bello said.
Speaking on the attack, the chairman of Mubi North Local Government Area, Musa Bello, said “the suicide bomber struck at the mosque during the morning prayer. Though for now, we are still compiling the casualty figure, reports say that over 15 to 20 people were reported killed.”
Fifteen people were initially confirmed dead.


Many people were killed when a suicide bomber detonated his explosive at a mosque in Mubi, Adamawa State, during morning prayers.

“As people converged on Massalacin Madina at Anguwan Shuwa to observe Subh (morning prayer), an unknown man rammed himself into the mosque with IEDs , killing many people.

“As I am talking to you I saw over 20 dead with many injured,’’ a resident of the area who identified himself as Bello said.

Speaking on the attack, the chairman of Mubi North Local Government Area, Musa Bello, said “the suicide bomber struck at the mosque during the morning prayer. Though for now we are still compiling the casualty figure, reports say that over 15 to 20 people were reported killed.”

Mr. Bello said the injured have been taken to a hospital.

PremiumTimes

The views expressed in this article belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of NewsRescue
ea-banner

Share: