Maryland, US man charged with murder admits eating heart, brain of Ghanaian victim- Agyei-Kodie
May 31st, 2012
2nd Cannibalistic Attack in the US in a week
NewsRescue- Another Cannibalism story in one week! This just in, after the horrific Cannibal story out of Miami, Florida where the attacker, Rudy Eugene was seen on surveillance video, naked, ripping his victims clothes off and eating his face. According to the DailyMail and Baltimore Sun:
Engineering student, 21, ‘stabbed and dismembered his roommate with knife then ate his brain and heart’
- Alexander Kinyua, 21, told police he stabbed and dismembered 37-year-old Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie before eating his heart and parts of brain
- Kinyua’s brother told police he found hands and human head in bins above brother’s washing machine
- Then directed police to nearby church where he said he stashed rest of Agyei-Kodie’s body
- Kinyua’s Facebook details troubled student who wrote that campus shootings were actually ethnic cleansings
By Beth Stebner; DailyMail
PUBLISHED: 16:19 EST, 31 May 2012 | UPDATED: 17:07 EST, 31 May 2012
A 21-year-old electrical engineering student has been charged with first-degree murder after parts of a man’s dismembered body were found in his home a week after the man first went missing.
Alexander Kinyua confessed to police that he also ate his roommate’s heart and portions of the brain after killing him in their Joppa, Maryland town home.
This is the second deeply disturbing report of cannibalism to sweep the nation within a week. In the first, ‘Miami Cannibal’ Rudy Eugene tore off and ate most of the face of down-and-out homeless man Ronald Poppo.
The Hartford County Sheriff’s office said they found the body parts while searching the town home on Terrapin Terrace in Joppa, Maryland, northeast of Baltimore, after receiving a tip from Kinyua’s father.
Police also found a human head and hands in metal tins on the house’s main floor, the Baltimore Sun reported.
According to charging documents, Kinyua admitted to eating Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie’s heart and part of his brain after stabbing him to death.
Kinyua then directed police to Towne Baptist Church on Trimble Road, where they said they found the rest of Agyei-Kodie’s remains.
- ‘I’m going to be late. I love you and I’ll be back’: The last words of Miami cannibal to his girlfriend just hours before horrific attack
- Revealed: Homeless man whose face was eaten by the Miami cannibal in horrific attack as photos of his injuries emerge
- Revealed: Victim of ‘Miami Cannibal’ was star student at elite New York high school – as shocking new video shows he was STILL conscious during EIGHTEEN-minute attack
- Porn actor ‘who filmed himself beheading victim before mailing body parts’ to Canadian government offices may have fled the country
The 37-year-old, who had been missing for almost a week, apparently shared a home with Kinyua, though other aspects of their relationship are not immediately clear.
Kinyua’s father, Antony Kinyua, alerted a detective on Tuesday night, saying that his other son Jarrod discovered what appeared to be a human head and hands in two metal tins above the washing machine.
Horrified, Jarrod Kinyua brought his father down to the basement where Antony said he saw Alexander Kinyu cleaning out the containers.
Appearing in court, Kinyua’s defence attorney told the judge that the Kenyan-born student has strong ties to Maryland, with several family members in the area.
However, Assistant State’s Attorney Trenna Manners said the man has had a troubled past and committed a grisly crime.
For one thing, Kinyu was kicked out of Morgan State University’s ROTC program in January following a disciplinary incident.
On May 20, he was charged with first-degree assault when he allegedly beat another Morgan State student with a baseball bat and then fled into the woods. The attack appeared to be random.
According to Patch, a preliminary hearing in the assault case is scheduled for June 19.
He was held on $220,000 bond and is in the process of being expelled from his college, according to the university.
His Facebook page details a man with a troubled mind. In some posts, he wrote of how campus shootings – like that of the 2007 tragedy at Virginia Tech – were not tragedies at all, but ethnic cleansings.
He wrote in all caps: ‘ETHNIC CLEANSING IS THE POLICY, STRATEGY AND TACTICS THAT WILL AFFECT YOU, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE COMING MONTHS. THIS IS THE BRUTAL BIAS.’
Last week, Rudy Eugene, believed to be high on drugs, viciously tore into a homeless man’s face with his teeth and growled at passers-by.
He was shot dead by police after the gruesome attack in Miami.
His victim, 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, remains in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital with his nose, mouth, and eyes torn off.