War Against Boko Not Won, Not Over Yet, ‘Scared’ Buratai Confesses After Returning To Post He Since Absconded From

126
0
Share:

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has, Wednesday, warned that the war against the Boko Haram insurgents is not won and is not over yet. He said more efforts must be put to crush the insurgents finally.

Buratai gave the warning while addressing officers and men of the Nigeria Army in Damaturu, Yobe State capital.

According to him, “The war has not yet been won and all is not over until it is over. Hence, I congratulate you on the progress made so far but we must do more.”

Buratai

“Let me urge you to partner with other security agents in prosecuting the war and anything less will jeopardise the efforts of the security forces as a whole.

“I want to assure you that the highest military hierarchy will continue to give you all the necessary support in the fight,” he said.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram terrorist, on Wednesday, attack Adamawa state, killing six person.

The Adamawa state Government confirmed the death of seven people in an early morning attack on Midlu village of Vapura ward in Madagali Local Government Area of the state on Wednesday.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Malam Ahmad Sajoh, confirmed the development to newsmen in Yola. He said the insurgents attacked the village and killed six people while one of the attackers was also killed.

“They (insurgents) attacked around 2 a.m. killing six people while one of them was killed by hunters. “Soldiers and hunters have dislodged them from the area,” Sajoh said.

Meanwhile, the councillor representing the ward in Madagali Local Government Council, Mr Bulus Dauda, told newsmen that his people had vacated the area.

War against Boko Haram not won, not over yet – Buratai

The views expressed in this article belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of NewsRescue
ea-banner

Share: