On this page we are creating a list which we will be updating regularly, with the current list of fake organisations paid to promote government agendas.
We have checked these groups with our standardized screening criteria to find at least two separate events per group where they advertise an urgent and unusual, government detail informed, well sponsored (banners, flyers etc) and main stream media (Vanguard, Leadership, Thisday) broadcast awkward pro-government position. Many of these groups for instance push for an amnesty for Boko Haram.
1. Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA)
2. Association of African Writers on Human and Peoples Right (AFRIRIGHT)
3. Coalition for Women Advancement in Africa (COWAA)
4. Africa Arise For Change Network (AACN)
5. Conference of Minority Tribes of Nigeria (CMTN)
6. Northern Inter Faith and Religious Organisations of Nigeria (NIFRON)
7. Arewa Youth Intellectual Forum (AYIF)
8. Centre for Social Justice Equity and Transparency (CESJET)
This is a page that shall be filled with other names as they are verified. We call on the public to be vigilant and send us suspect names caught promoting agenda on Nigeria’s Security Vote money.