June 12th, 2012; Updated 7pm
NewsRescue- In the continuing media cyber war against the North and Nigeria as a whole, SaharaReporters carried a new rumor about an attack against the Federal Government College, Kano, blaming Boko Haram militants for this unknown attack.
Just yesterday we detailed how Vanguard and AllAfrica made a false claim of the victims of the Sunday Church mayhem. 9 Muslims were killed by Christians in the incident and no Church member reportedly lost their lives. But the main stream media for unscrupulous reasons portrayed an inverted image of the events.
Not long ago, in February we exposed a similar tale, propagated by OnlineNigeria in which a beheading which took place in Somalia in 2008 was recycled and portrayed as a brand new event in Maiduguri. Many dangerous Nigerian media redistributed this fabricated story.
NewsRescue has also exposed RepublicReports and Bible4Africa as running a propaganda war in an article they published claiming Babangida and Southern Militant leader, Dokubo Asari among others, were behind Boko.
The anti-Nigeria war is at a Nadir!
Here is SaharaReporters, doing justice to their fake news:
Officials Deny Militant Attack On Government High School In KanoPosted: June 12, 2012 – 04:48FGC KanoBy SaharaReporters, New York
Several officials have denied earlier reports that gunmen attacked a national unity high school-Federal Government College- in Kano late night.
SaharaReporters called several officials of the National Emergency Management Agency in Abuja- all of them said there was no record of an attack on the boarding school or its neighborhood in Kano.
Also, the Commandant of the Airforce base in the troubled city told our reporters that he heard the rumor via text message, but he stated that his checks on the area did not produce any information about an attack.
The police spokesperson in Kano did not return calls.
POLICE OFFICIAL STATEMENT DENYING ATTACK
The attention of the Police High Command has been drawn to rumours
currently being peddled in both d social and other mass media to d
effect dat Federal Govt Colege Kano is being (or had been) attacked by
gun. This is FALSE in its entirety. It is not just a wicked rumour but
a very dangerous one – capable of causing panic and untold
pychological trauma on parents and relatives of students of d school
and also unwittingly drawing d attention of d enemies to an
institution that they might not have considered as a target in d 1st
We therefore wish to appeal to members of d public to always
cross-check their stories/information with appropraite authorities b4
publishn same. Our doors are open and we ready to entertain and attend
to all enquiries- even at odd hours.
Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police and other Security agencies will
continue to do their best to ensure d adequate protection of d lives &
property of all Nigerians at all times.
(Signed- CSP Frank Mba- Police Spokesman, FHQs, Abuja
Now here is the real sorty of what happened in Kano:
Kano: Two Students Killed, Four Wounded in Robbery Attack- ThisDay
By Ibrahim Shuaibu
Authorities of the Federal Government College (FGC), Kano on Tuesday confirmed killing of two of its students by unknown gunmen but they said the attack was carried out outside the school premises.
It said contrary to the media reports that gunmen attacked the school Monday evening, the school authorities admitted that although its students were the victims of the attack, the incident, however, occurred at a shopping area in Na’ibawa Quarters.
It was gathered that the killings might be as a result of robbery attack that occurred around the area at the time.
It was gathered that while two students were killed, four others were wounded in the attack contrary to a report carried by an online news agency.
According to the school authorities the affected students were day students and were attacked after they left the school around 6.00pm.
“We don’t know yet what precipitated the attack but certainly two of our students were killed while four others were wounded outside the school,” a source said.
The Vice- Principal (Admin), Mrs Elizabeth Kasuwa confirmed the incident Tuesday and said that the students have been de-boarded from the school after completing their final examinations.
According to her, all of the affected students were males.
She explained that the school Management had visited Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) where corpses of the two students were deposited in the mortuary while the other students, who sustained injuries in the attack, were receiving treatment in the emergency ward of the hospital.
Kano State Police spokesman, Assistant Superintendent of Police (DSP) Rilwan Mohammed confirmed the attack and said that the killings took place around Yar Akwa area, near some shops.
He said that gunmen, suspected to be robbers, might be responsible for the attack which led to the killing of two persons and wounding of four others.