Senior Ansarullah commanders disclosed on Monday that the Riyadh government has called for secret negotiations with them as the Saudi-led Arab coalition forces are losing ground in the Yemen war.
“Following the consecutive defeats of the Saudi forces and their allies, the Saudi officials are trying to secretly hold talks with Ansarullah leaders,” a senior Ansarullah commander, speaking on the condition of anonymity said on Monday.
He also rejected the recent statements of Saudi deputy Crown Prince and Defense Minister Mohammad bin Salman about the presence of an Ansarullah delegation in Riyadh as false, and said, “These rumors show their weakness, defeats and failure.”
The Ansarullah commander, meantime, rejected the pro-Saudi media reports on the withdrawal of the Yemeni forces from their positions, and said, “The volunteer forces have made considerable advances in different parts of Yemen.”
In a relevant development on March 19, an Ansarullah leader said that Yemen’s judiciary system is in possession of documents and evidence showing fugitive President Mansour Hadi’s involvement in massacring the Yemeni people.
“The Yemeni judiciary has some documents which prove Mansour Hadi’s involvement in leading the war and forming terrorist groups that have killed innocent civilians,” Ali Abdulmajid, an Ansarullah politburo member, told FNA.
“Considering the evidence, Hadi can no more deny his role in destroying the country with his intelligence and logistic support,” he added.
Abdulmajid underlined that Ansarullah will present the documents to the UN Security Council for Hadi’s prosecution.
Yemen has been engulfed in a military conflict between the former government and militants and al-Qaeda and ISIL terrorists on one side and Ansarullah (Houthi) movement and the army and popular forces on the opposite side for over a year now. Since March 2015, a Saudi-led coalition has been carrying out airstrikes on Yemen in support of Mansour Hadi.
The rising death toll among the civilian population prompted the United Nations to mediate a ceasefire between the Saudi coalition and the popular forces in December for the time of the intra-Yemeni talks in Geneva, although hostilities have continued.
The bombardments have so far killed more than 8,800 people and injured more than 16,500 others.