Tweets on the Ahmad Gumi’s claim that “Sheikh Zakzaky was attacked by the Nigerian Army with his sons killed & nothing happened!”
by Harun Elbinawi
1. The Nigerian Wahhabi cleric Ahmad Gumi, the son of late Abubakar Gumi, is calling on President @MBuhari to release Sheikh Zakzaky.
2. His reasons for making this call is not the same reason as human rights activists & people of conscience who also are making the same call
3. I had wanted to write a rejoinder to his rantings & confusions but my brother, Abdulmumini Giwa, had written a beautiful piece on that
4. I shared d Abdulmumini Giwa’s piece on my blog & so it will appear on my Twitter Handle. That piece was comprehensive but I will add little here
5. Among the negative reasons given by Gumi is that “Sheikh Zakzaky was attacked by @HQNigerianArmy with his sons killed & nothing happened!”
6. Ahmad Gumi is a Wahhabi like his father before him w/ close links to the Saudi Wahhabi regime.He was once arrested 4 his links to #AlQaeda
7. To the contaminated mindset of Wahhabi Gumi, any incident is settled with bloodshed, killings & destructions just to exact revenge.
8. The Wahhabi-contaminated mindset of Gumi expected that after the murder of 1000+ Shia Muslims by Buhari & his gang, IMN will take up arms.
9. To the bloodthirsty mindsets of Wahhabis & their murderous instincts the first option of any disagreement is war, bloodshed & destruction.
10. In the true Islam that we follow war MUST be the last option of any disagreement. All peaceful means MUST be exhausted to preserve peace.
11. Sheikh Zakzaky has millions of followers in #Nigeria & WestAfrican sub-region, raising an army will not be difficult but he choose peace
12. Despite the fact that 6 of his sons & 1000+ of his followers were murdered by @HQNigerianArmy within 2 years but still insist on peace!
13. Nigerians should appreciate the peaceful posture of Sheikh #Zakzaky despite all the tragedies the Nigerian state have subjected him to.
14. I will state this important point that the IMN did not resort to armed-struggle because that was the choice made by Sheikh Zakzaky alone
15. The choice for IMN to remain peaceful was not influenced by any Nigerian government or security. Is there even security in Nigeria?
16. We all saw how the @NDAvengers threatened 2 kill the wicked Nigerian tyrant @MBuhari if he comes to Ogoni. The coward cancelled the visit
18. To d Wahhabi Gumi, d choice made by Sheikh #Zakzaky to remain peaceful & seek redress in Courts proves his greatness despite many options
19. IMN will not take-up arms just because Gumi & his bloodthirsty Wahhabis wanted that 2 happen. They want 2 turn #Nigeria 2 another #Syria
20. On a final note, IMN will never make Nigerians suffer in addition to d rampant suffering they are encountering at d moment. #FreeZakzaky