FMC Owerri MD Runs Helter Skelter; Bribes Journalists, CMDs And Physician Colleagues To Save Her From Sack

Secrets Reporters

While majority of the health sector workers and Nigerians await the official announcement sacking the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri Medical Director, Mrs Angela Uwakwem, the looting MD has not relented in seeing that the sack letter does not come out public.

Our ever reliable sources in the Federal Ministry of Health has told us of a planned meeting with the State Minister for Health tomorrow (Monday) in Abuja with the guild of Chief Medical Directors, where she is the Vice Chairman. The meeting which was called at her behest is to prevail on the lousy Minister to stop the sack.

This medium can authoritatively report that aside from the meeting that will take place on Monday, Mrs Angela has also procured the services of some cash and carry Journalists who will begin penning down reports and articles in newspapers, online medium and broadcast houses all in her favor.

As part of the game plan, undisputable information with us reveals that on the same Monday, national body of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCAN) will be addressing the press passing a vote of confidence on her. She brought them to help whip up public sentiment and make the matter a Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) issue.

A 3 man delegation of MDCAN will be in FMC Owerri on Tuesday to appeal to the local branch into supporting her stay and stop their agitations calling for her removal. They are coming to tell their members that NHUAP, NANMM and MHWUN are trying to remove her so they can bring in their own member as MD.

Meanwhile, the hospital was flooded with thugs numbering 19 of them on Friday led by one Eustace, all hired by Angela to protest against her sack. They were shouting that she should be allowed to serve out her tenure with inscriptions such as ‘Owerri Nchi ise youth say MD has done a good job’ written on their placards. Buy for the civility of the staff, lives would have been lost.

Policemen from the Shell Camp Divisional Police Station came in to drive them away.