Tuesday, May 19, 2026
26.6 C
New York

Forum

Boko Bandits Kill 30 Yobe Students: Northern Govs Demand Security To End Boko Terror | General News | Forum

Please consider registering
guest

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Sept. 29, 2013
More than 30 students were killed in Yobe state on Sunday.

Governors of the 19 northern states, Sunday, charged security agencies to do all within their powers to halt the killing of defenceless citizens, and attacks on places of worship and educational facilities especially in the North East, by members of extremist sect, Boko Haram.

The Northern States Governors Forum, through its chairman, Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, said its members were seriously concerned at renewed attacks on innocent people, following Sunday’s killing of about 38 students of the College of Agriculture, Gujba, Yobe State, as well as the killing of 15 persons in Zangang community in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

“The forum is particularly alarmed that the shooting to dead of 38 students of the College of Education; Gujba, Yobe State followed the same pattern as the killing of 22 students and a teacher at Government Secondary School, Mamudo in the same state last July,” said a statement signed by Mr. Aliyu’s Chief Press Secretary, Danladi Ndayebo.

Boko Haram has slaughtered more than 3,000 people since it commenced its bloody campaign in 2009.

The latest appears to be the killing of the students in Yobe state. Many of the students were killed while sleeping in their dormitories, reports say.

Details of the attack remained sketchy but the provost of the college, Mulima Mata, confirmed the incident, which the News Agency of Nigeria said occurred early Sunday morning in the Gujba district of the state.

The Agence France-Presse news agency quoted a military spokesman in Yobe state, Lazarus Eli, as saying the gunmen also set fire to classrooms.

Although Boko Haram has not claimed responsibility yet, residents believe the attack has the imprimatur of its operations.
Academic activities only resumed last week in schools across Yobe state following 10 weeks of closure after the brazen attack by members of the violent sect on two secondary schools, which led to the death of 29 students and three teachers.

The state government ordered the closure of all schools in the northeastern state after the attack by members of the sect on Government Secondary School, Mamudo.
But Government Secondary School, Mamudo, remained closed for another two weeks for the conclusion of ongoing reconstruction work in the school, the state Commissioner of Education, Mohammed Lamin said.

The Boko Haram sect had on Wednesday and Thursday murdered at least 27 persons in two separate attacks in the border towns of Borno State, government officials and security sources said.

The Chairman of Gamboru-Ngala Local Government Area, Modu-Gana Sheriiff, told journalists that the 27 persons died when gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists attacked Fulatari and Kanumburi wards of the local government.

“The first attack occurred about eleven o’clock in the evening on Wednesday while the second was carried out last Thursday at about ten o’clock in the evening,” Mr. Sheriff said.

“In the first attack, six people were killed and four others sustained injuries in Fulatari. While 21 people lost their lives in the second attack including the Village Head of Gamboru Lawan Ali Shettima, and two others sustaining bullet injuries and are now receiving treatment’.

The northern governors’ forum described the fresh attacks as “horrendous, callous and devoid of any shred of humanity”.

The forum called on security agencies to do more to protect the lives and property of citizens and also ensure that those behind the violence in the region are brought to justice.

The forum reiterated its pledge to continue to work with other tiers of government to bring an end to security challenges confronting the nation. – Premiumtimes

Most Users Ever Online: 16

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

william169: 4

sharon619: 4

andy619: 4

agent jerry: 3

Hezy: 1

kayceenala: 1

MaryU: 1

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 888

Moderators: 1

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 4

Topics: 787

Posts: 793

Newest Members: shubathalima, Fredrick Nwabufo, abidex, Nivine Hamdan, Obeya Michael Obeya, daniel, pinababs, maiko, Just Iyke, fort Peter

Moderators: SuperEgo (2)

Administrators: NewsRescue (789), NewsRescue (0), varun (2)

Most Popular

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Recent

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Iran War Emptied US Missile Stocks, Senator Warns – Years to Replenish

The United States burned through so much of its missile inventory fighting Iran that replenishing the depleted stockpiles will take years – and could...

IDF Soldier Puts Cigarette in Virgin Mary Statue’s Mouth

A photograph showing an Israeli soldier placing a cigarette in the mouth of a Virgin Mary statue in southern Lebanon has triggered widespread outrage online....

Iran Warns UAE: Stop Aiding US-Israeli Aggressors

Iran's Foreign Ministry has issued a sharp public warning to the United Arab Emirates, calling on Abu Dhabi to halt cooperation with parties hostile to Tehran...
spot_img

Related Articles

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Popular Categories

spot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x