Two bombs went off on the outskirts of the Nigerian capital Abuja late on Friday, an official said, the first such incident in over a year.
There was an unknown number of casualties, a spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency said. He had no more details on the blasts in Kuje and Nyanya.
Spokesman Manzo Ezekiel said that the bomb in Kuje went off near a police station while the one in Nyanya detonated in a crowded area not far from the site of two blasts in April and May last year that killed at least 90 people.
Before then, there had not been an attack on the capital in two years. Read full on Reuters