Monday, May 18, 2026
29.3 C
New York

Nigerian Military Announces Arrest of Same Chibok Abduction Suspect Ya’ari Twice In Two Years – NewsRescue.com

Nigeria’s Chief or Army, Kenneth Minimah

Nigeria’s military at its finest has again announced the arrest of Babuji Ya’ari, who it somehow announced it arrested about this same date last year, even using the same pictures this year that they gave the press last year.

In the first report, last year in the Vanguard of July 1st 2014, the military spokesman, Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, announcing Babuji Ya’ari’s arrest, “disclosed in a statement issued in Abuja, that Ya’ari doubled as member of the Youth Vigilante Group, popularly known as Civilian JTF.” Also see Reno Omokri brag about arrest on June 30, 2014.

Unbelievably, the same man was again “apprehended” one year later according to military briefings from Nigeria’s defense department this Tuesday. Associated Press carried the story, “(AP) — Nigerian troops have arrested a businessman accused of “participating actively” in Boko Haram’s mass abduction of nearly 300 schoolgirls from the northeastern town of Chibok last year, Nigeria’s Defense Ministry said Tuesday…. The accused, Babuji Ya’ari, led a “terrorist intelligence cell” for the militant group while disguising as a member of a youth vigilante self-defense group, Nigerian Major General Chris Olukolade said in a statement, according to the AP. Olukolade also reportedly said that Ya’ari’s arrest helped them take into custody other members of the cell “who are women.” However, he did not mention when these arrests were made or how many people had been arrested.”

Was the man released after his arrest last year?

Why will the Nigerian military not announce if he was indeed released and then announce his rearrest in such ridiculous fashion?

Is the Nigerian military simply playing games revising old stories and thinking this will pass? Is Nigeria’s military intelligence so shabby that we at NewsRescue discover such security blunders from them?

Nigerian activist Dr Peregrino Brimah of ENDS has made serous calls for Nigeria’s service chiefs to be retired and tried; barring media error, this is certainly a justification of the seriousness of that call.

Comments

comments

Kukawa Mosques Boko Haram Massacre: Soldiers Did Not Respond, Villagers Tell AlJazeera

US: Another Black Church Set Ablaze Bringing Total To 7 In Racial Terrorism

BREAKING: After 50 Years US, Cuba Restore Ties, Open Embassies

In 3 Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 trn, Pocketed the Balance $20 bn

Most Popular

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Recent

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Iran War Emptied US Missile Stocks, Senator Warns – Years to Replenish

The United States burned through so much of its missile inventory fighting Iran that replenishing the depleted stockpiles will take years – and could...

IDF Soldier Puts Cigarette in Virgin Mary Statue’s Mouth

A photograph showing an Israeli soldier placing a cigarette in the mouth of a Virgin Mary statue in southern Lebanon has triggered widespread outrage online....

Iran Warns UAE: Stop Aiding US-Israeli Aggressors

Iran's Foreign Ministry has issued a sharp public warning to the United Arab Emirates, calling on Abu Dhabi to halt cooperation with parties hostile to Tehran...
spot_img

Related Articles

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Popular Categories

spot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x