May 26th, 2012
This season is for the vibrating natural look, and nothing spells it better than beads to match style and bring out color. Beads are so in!
Beading can be an enjoyable passtime, but it can also get expensive if you are not careful. It is important to know what types of beads to purchase to stretch your beading budget. Here are a couple of things that you can do to create incredible jewelry pieces on a tight budget.
1. Use expensive beading materials in moderation. – As the prices on beading materials begins to rise, with inflation, this does not mean that you have to stop using the beading materials that you enjoy employing in most of your beading projects. Instead of stopping using one material entirely, simply start to use your favorite material in moderation. For example, if the beads that you usually use for your beading projects cost a mint, mix a couple of inexpensive beads into your design to conserve your more expensive beads.
2. Use different types of metals. – Silver used to be one of the only beading materials that you could use for your beading projects. Thankfully, there are now other choices. Brass, gunmetal, plated gold, and copper are a few less expensive metal choices that are now available.
3. Seed beads will save you money. – Every avid beader should make it a point to always keep seed beads on hand. Seed beads can be used to fill in gaps in larger pieces of jewelry, and they are extremely inexpensive. The best thing about seed beads is you can get a bunch of them for an extremely low price.
4. Make one focal point for your jewelry creations. – Instead of spending your money on extremely expensive beads, purchase one focal piece for your jewelry creations. An expensive focal piece will demand all of the attention, not letting people notice the additional cheaper beads strung on your jewelry creation.
5. Make small jewelry projects. – A great way to make your bead collection stretch is to make small jewelry creations. You don’t always have to create large necklaces or bracelets, earrings are a great small beading creation.
Apart from looking so beautiful on you, beads are used for mind and body health. They are also great tools of meditation. Choose your colors and styles with care and love.
*Editing & material from independent fashion expert