October 5, 2010
NewsRescue- Taking a page from the 911 incident, where it is now popularly believed by intellectuals and scientists in the US, that the US Government either directly planned this event or folded their arms and allowed it happen, to enable them pursue economical advantageous activities and occupations in the Middle east.
This act also a copy of a page from the book of Adolf Hitler, who on February 27, 1933, decided to burn the Reichstag building and told reporters- “You are now witnessing the beginning of a great epoch in German history…This fire is the beginning,” and then declared that every Communist official must be shot. All Communist deputies must be hanged that very night, and that all friends of the Communists must be locked up, including the Social Democrats and the Reichsbanner as well!” This being the beginning of the Hitler rise to power and saga.
Well analysts are suggesting that the current president of Nigeria and/or the State security services had a hand in the recent independence day bombings. Reports of his fervent attempts and astonishing supreme knowledge of the event, portrayed by his certainty that the MEND terrorizing group of Southern Nigeria, who actually threatened of such event and took responsibility for it, were actually not the perpetrators; and then the surprising insistence that from rather vague text messages, the campaign manager of his rival presidential election candidate, IBB was implicated.
Analysts ask- did GEJ have the bomb planted in Abuja during the independence day celebrations as his commanding knowledge and obvious desire to manipulate the event suggests?
Ex-Mend leader implicates Nigeria
Henry Okah tells Al Jazeera presidential aide wanted him to tell armed group to withdraw claim for Abuja deadly blasts.
The former leader of Nigeria’s armed group has said he was arrested because he refused to tell the group to retract a statement claiming responsibility for last week’s deadly attacks in the capital, Abuja.
Henry Okah, currently being held in jail in South Africa, told Al Jazeera on Tuesday that he received a phone call from a “close associate” of Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian president, telling him to urge the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend) to withdraw its claim for the bombings, which killed at least 10 people and left 36 others injured on the 50th anniversary of Nigeria’s independence.
“On Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me and explained to me that there had been a bombing in Nigeria and that President Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, Mend, and get them to retract the earlier statement they had issued claiming the attacks,” Okah said.
“They wanted to blame the attacks on northerners who are trying to fight against him [Jonathan] to come back as president and if this was done, I was not going to have any problems with the South African government.
“I declined to do this and a few hours later I was arrested. It was based on their belief that I was going to do that that Jonathan issued a statement saying that Mend did not carry out the attack.”
Jonathan, who hails from the country’s south and has declared his intentions to stand in next year’s presidential election, said investigations had revealed Mend, which is fighting for a greater share of Nigeria’s oil wealth, knew nothing about the attacks.
He said the bombings had been carried out by a small group based outside Nigeria, sponsored by “unpatriotic elements within the country”.
Nigeria will be holding elections in January almost a year after Jonathan assumed the presidency after the incumbent president failed to complete his term due to illness and eventual death.
Jonathan’s predecessor, Umaru Yaradua, came from the northern state of Katsina and Nigeria has an unwritten agreement for the presidency to alternate between the mainly Muslim north and the largely Christian south.
Al Jazeera did not get any immediate reaction from the Nigerian government about Okah’s claims.
Meanwhile, the authorities have released nine people they arrested in connection with the bomb blasts on Monday, including an aide for Ibrahim Babangida, the country’s former military leader.
Raymond Dokpesi, the director of Babandida’s campaign to become the ruling party presidential candidate, was questioned by the country’s intelligence services over the blasts, an aide said on Tuesday.
Dokpesi, who also owns one of Nigeria’s leading television and radio stations, was summoned to the State Security Services (SSS) on Monday, Kassim Afegbua, a spokesman for Babangida, told the AFP news agency.
“He was released yesterday and is to report back today at about 3’oclock (1400 GMT),” Afegbua said.
“They said it is to do with complicity in the bomb incident of October 1.”
Several media reports on Tuesday said text messages found on the mobile phone of one of the nine suspects arrested by the state secret police led to the summoning of Dokpesi. source