PNEA 2016: Nominees For The Inaugural Edition Of Prestige Nigeria Education Awards Unveiled
The organizer of Prestige Nigeria Education Awards (PNEA) has officially unveiled the nominees for the first season of the award. PNEA 2016 nomination was made open to the general public for individuals, organizations, institutions and brands that have through diligence, commitment and hard work achieved a feat worthy of reward and/or has contributed to the development of Education in Nigeria.
Voting has ended? What next? Unveiling the finalist is up next as the 10 seasoned judges screened the nominees in the various categories.
Below are the Nominations and their Categories:
- Educational Brand of the year
- Education TV Program of the year
Who wants to be a millionaire?
Your View (TVC)
Channels Book Club
The Big Issue (TVC)
Talking Finger (NTA 2)
- Educational Radio Program of the year
Spelling Game for Student (CoolFM PHC)
Kobamji Direct (RC)
Sharing life issues with Charles B (Rhythm fm)
Lets go learning (Eko Fm)
Kiddies Hour (Love Fm portharcout)
- Educational State of the year
- Educational Movie of the year
Married but living single
Half of a Yellow Sun
- Educational TV Station of the Year:
- Educational Radio Station of the year
Nigeria Info FM
Rockcity FM (Abeokuta)
- Educational Newspaper of the year
- Best CSR in Education
- Best University for 2015
University of Lagos Lagos
Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife
University of Ibadan Ibadan
University of Ilorin Ilorin
Covenant University Ota
- Best Polytechnic for 2015
Yaba College of Technology
The polytechnic Ibadan
Federal Polytechnic Nekede
Lagos state polytechnic
- Human Capacity Development of the year
Day Star Leadership Academy (DLA)
After school Graduate Development Center (AGDC)
Center for Value in Leadership
Dream From the Slum
- Vice Chancellor of the year
Professor R.A Bello (University of Lagos Lagos)
Professor Idowu Bamitale Omole (Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife)
Prof. Abdul Ganiyu Ambali (University of Ilorin Ilorin)
Prof. Ayo C.K (Covenant University Ota)
- Rector of the year
Mrs. Margaret Kudi Ladipo. (Yaba College of Technology)
Professor Fawole (The polytechnic Ibadan)
Dr. Mohammed Bello Ibrahim (Kaduna Polytechnic)
Dr. (Mrs.) C.U. Njoku (Federal Polytechnic Nekede)
Dr. Abdulazeez Abioye Lawal (Lagos State Polytechnic)
- Educational Personality of the year
Samuel Jackson Iboro
Adams Adebola (Adams College)
Sunday Olawale Olaniran
- Educational Bank of the year
- Educational Song of the year
Fire on the mountain by Asa
Hold on by Joel
Bring it on by P-square
Jagbanjatis by Sound sultan
Great Nation by Timi Dakolo
The Future by Ty Bello
- Best Primary School in Lagos ( Public)
- BONNY CAMP PRIMARY SCHOOL V/ISLAND
- COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL OKEGUN ODOFIN
- MARY CONVENT SCHOOL LAGOS ISLAND
- CHRIST THE KING PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Best Secondary School in Lagos ( Public)
- VETLAND SENIOR GRAMMER SCHOOL
- ORIWU SENIOR MODEL COLLEGE,IKORODU
- EPE SENIOR GRAMMER SCHOOL,EPE
- U.D. COMPREHENSIVE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL,OKOTA
- Best Secondary School in Lagos (Private)
- Caleb International College , Ikosi, ketu.
- Greenspring College, Anthony, Lagos.
- Dansol High School, Ogba.
- Baptist Model High School, Ijegun, Ikotun.
- Best Primary School in Lagos ( Private)
- Lagooz Montessori School, Agege.
- Fad-Far Nursery/Primary School, Igbogbo, Ikorodu.
- Sweetkids Nursery/Primary School, Festac Town.
- Romikaz Nursery/Primary School, Obadore, Isheri.
The two categories that will receive highest celebration are not open to nominations. They are;
- Best student in the federation
- Best student in WAE & NECO
I have been wondering who will go home with the biggest award for the year under these categories. Let’s keep our fingers crossed as we mark our calendar for this great event in June. 2015 was great as 2016 promises to be fabulous with the anticipated award ceremony in June, 2016.
The Judges of this great event are:
- Supo Jegede (Dean Faculty of Education Unilag)
- Lawrence Imafidon (Sub Dean Student affairs Yabatech)
- Morayo Afolabi Brown (Dir. Programmes TVC)
- Wellinton Olaiya (Head of News Rainbow Fm)
- Femi Branch (Nollywood actor)
- Foluke-Daramola Salako (Nollywood actress)
- Denrele Edun ( On-Air personality)
- Eucheria Obodo ( Corporate world)
- Seyi Olanrewaju (Human capacity development expert)
- Tope Falohun (Banker).
Why the Prestige Education Awards?
The state of a nation education is the reflection of the nation’s future. Education is critical in ensuring any nation’s success. From cradle to middle age the quest for education far outweighs the cost implication associated with it. With the spate of research and emergence of diverse kinds of educational institutions this sector engages and serves as the spine of the economy directly or indirectly. Unfortunately, our system is not fully providing the education students need to unleash their creative instincts, thus the nation is forced to address economic and social consequences. Recent studies indicate that a poor education can lead to a steep increase in criminal behavior, and the expense of incarcerating an individual greatly outweighs the cost of providing an education for the same person.
The educational system is the bedrock of our economy and a salient industry servicing every sector. The prestige awards is a call for us to treasure, bestow honor and recognition to bring about vibrancy, advancement and a spirit of competition to our educational system by recognizing and rewarding those doing well in and for this sector. This will make them happy, content and motivated and also encourage others. When people are recognized for their efforts, they will also continue in their desire to excel and do more.
PNEA held a powerful walk for education on the 5th of November, 2015 tagged “Save Nigeria Education” and Project Change Symposium with over 1000 students in attendance both from public and private secondary school and representatives from Lagos state ministry of Education. The facilitators are OC Ukeje, Pastor Kenny Folarin, Mr Titus Igwe and Mrs. Ramat Nwadike. The facilitators gave insights on entertainment, leadership and entrepreneurship.
PNEA is an initiative of New Lagos Times Education from the stable of Zymogens publishers of Smart Kids Magazine, organizers of competitions such Battle of Brains, Biology nawah and Debate league, and the convener of the project change symposium.
Prestige Nigeria Education Awards is already making waves in Nigeria. You can connect with them today to help make them accomplish this great plan in reshaping and celebrating personalities in our educational sector. Contact them today on – 08025672879, 08022513767, 08060996566 or follow on twitter @Prestige_Award or email them on – [email protected].