- Italian Govt Talks to Whistleblower Who Claims WHO Snuffed His Vital Report For All Nations on Italy’s COVID Response – SKY News Video
- Whistleblower Francesco Zambon says WHO delaying report allowed other nations suffer from virus
- Claims WHO asking to change and then delaying report shows agency servers personal agenda, financial powers and governments
- Says he quit WHO as a result
- WHO tells Italian govt that agencies staff have immunity from questioning
Dated: April 12th 2021
Prosecutors in Italy are urging the World Health Organisation to assist them in their investigations into the country’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sky News has spoken to a former WHO employee who says the organisation tried to force him to change a key report, which noted that Italy had not updated its pandemic response protocols since 2006.
Dr Francesco Zambon said that ‘this report would have allowed other countries to buy time’ to prepare themselves for the pandemic.
Our Chief Correspondent, Stuart Ramsay reports.