Kano: Sabon Gari Market Fire That Consumed 3000 Shops Blamed On Power Surge


From all indication, with available information the fire was started by a electric transformer around the market, perhaps caused by high current from the electricity company.

This is because at almost the same time the house of the renown Kano business magnet Alhaji Aminu Dantata was also set on fire by another blown up transformer. The fire at Alhaji Aminu Dantata was put up by one of the fire service vehicle called from the Sabon Gari market area.

Comrade, Alhassan Haruna Danbatta