Wednesday, May 20, 2026
28.9 C
New York

INSANE: Police Search For Son of ex-CJ Uwais Reported To Have Run To Join ISIS

By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

ABUJA — Security agents were last night working frantically to track the whereabouts of a son of the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Muhammadu Lawal Uwais who was said to have joined the deadly Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

The 41-year old son of the former CJN left home about a month ago with his two wives and has not been seen since.

One of the wives a school principal, and the other also a school administrator both left with their husband without telling their parents.

Vanguard gathered that one of the wives reportedly told her parents she was going to Dubai for two weeks with her husband. Neither the former CJN nor the parents of one of the wives has heard from them since.

Contacted for his comments, the jurist told Vanguard he had no comments to make on the development.

In a telephone conversation with Vanguard in Abuja, the respected jurist, who was Nigeria’s Chief Justice between 1995 and 2006, neither confirmed nor denied the report published by a United States online medium, The Will, on March 4, 2015.

Reminded that the report had already gone viral, Uwais, who also spearheaded Nigeria’s electoral reforms, said that he had no comment on the matter.

“I don’t want to comment on hearsay,” the former CJN said.

The San Francisco-based news medium had reported that the son of the retired judge, whose name it did not disclose, had joined ISIS after moving from Nigeria with his two wives and children in order to help fight alongside ISIS, which presently controls large territories in Iraq, Syria and Libya.

The medium said that the intelligence report came from Saudi Arabia, one of the over 50 countries alongside the United Nations that has designated ISIS as a terrorist organization.

If proven to be true, this would be the second time a member of a Nigerian elitist family would be linked to a foreign terrorist group.

The first was the notorious underwear bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a member of Al-Qaeda, who is presently serving a life sentence without parole in the United States, who is the youngest son of Katsina-born Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, a wealthy Nigerian banker and businessman, who had also served as a federal minister in the 70s.

Sources said that Justice Uwais had been told about the development.

The Nigerian military and its West African allies are presently pre-occupied with defeating the Boko Haram, a Nigerian terrorist group responsible for thousands of brutal killings and deadly bombings in northern Nigeria and border towns in Cameroon and Chad.

– See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/isis-security-men-on-trail-of-ex-cj-uwais-son/#sthash.OZC2Jlcx.dpuf

Most Popular

Iran Drones Reach UAE Reactor – Trump Hits Pause as GCC Begs

President Donald Trump has postponed a planned Tuesday strike on Iran after the rulers of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates personally appealed...

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Recent

Iran Drones Reach UAE Reactor – Trump Hits Pause as GCC Begs

President Donald Trump has postponed a planned Tuesday strike on Iran after the rulers of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates personally appealed...

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Iran War Emptied US Missile Stocks, Senator Warns – Years to Replenish

The United States burned through so much of its missile inventory fighting Iran that replenishing the depleted stockpiles will take years – and could...

IDF Soldier Puts Cigarette in Virgin Mary Statue’s Mouth

A photograph showing an Israeli soldier placing a cigarette in the mouth of a Virgin Mary statue in southern Lebanon has triggered widespread outrage online....
spot_img

Related Articles

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Popular Categories

spot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x