1. BTA is reduced from $10,000 to US$1500 for personal trip, $2500 for business trip with provision of visa and passport for proof before CBN will approve such BTA in US$ cash.
2.Till further notice, Bureau De Change is dead in Nigeria! Nobody goes around looking for US dollars again? For what?
3.The ban was intentional to hit those politicians with large sum of US$ siting in the bank account in Nigeria and to strengthen Naira.
4. If you want anyone to wire money (Naira or dollars) to you abroad from Nigeria, for you to receive US$ in our bank account abroad, the sender must fill a form called “form A” at Nigerian bank that will require CBN approvals for money in US$ for school fees, medical expenses, house mortgage abroad only to be permitted. Any other reasons, not permitted till further notice!
5. Nigerians abroad will still be able to send money home using Bank to Bank Wire Transfers and Western Union but you will only receive Naija equivalent not US dollar.
6. US$ currency cannot be lodged/deposited or withdrawn as US$ cash anymore in Nigeria except it’s converted to Naira..
7. The maximum US$ notes you can travel with to Nigeria is $2500 which you have to declare at the Nigerian point of entry henceforth.