Tuesday, May 19, 2026
25.4 C
New York

139-pg FGN Probe Discovered Nigeria Loses Billions of Dollars Oil Revenue

Mar. 13, 2014

A Federal government probe in 2012 which was totally independent of the Central Bank and current Sanusi Lamido exposed missing $20 billion crises discovered that Nigeria loses billions of dollars oil revenue due to improper, shady and other questionable non transparent processes at the NNPC.

The Jonathan government ordered audit report which was kept very quite since its conclusion, examined oil sale processes between 2005 and 2011 since the fourth republic civilian government took over.

Jonathan-Diezani-Okonjo-IwealaIt found Nigerians lost billions from unpaid royalties, theft, pricing discrepancies, and loses due to middlemen private traders in what was more fully detailed by the Swiss Berne declaration report, which has cost the nation over $7billion losses in oil revenue in recent years. Nigeria lost $29 billion by selling gas below cost. The nation loses $6 billion a year due to crude theft. Loses up to $6 billion a year due to subsidy thefts and local sale price discrepancies. And other similar loses of millions to billions in income were discovered in the report.

Till date the system has been kept pretty much the same since this report came out in November 2012 with no changes to these channels through which the nation loses more then half it’s oil sales revenue.

The subsidy probe report earlier that same year had recommended the “complete overhaul” of the management of the NNPC, and that the Executive Secretaries of the PPRA between 2009 and 2010 be prosecuted for supervising the fraud. Till date, no action has been taken on the subsidy fraud oil marketers or on agents of the ministry. Not a single culprit is in jail, despite the massive defrauding of the nation where corruption is understood to be official government policy.

Nigeria’s President as claimed by his spokesperson, Rueben Abati, has ordered a Forensic audit of the NNPC accounts after the scandal of missing $20+ billions exposed by sacked CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi rocked the nation. The Minister of the economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was described by the BBC to have been distancing herself from the President and had admitted the funds was missing and that she was pressing the President to accept to invite auditors.

Video: Nigeria’s Minister of the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala does not know Nigeria’s NNPC JP Morgan Chase foreign account

Related Posts:

Comments

comments

Going, Going, Gone! Has Gusau Gone Yet?

Biafra Zionist Movement: We seized Enugu Govt House for 4 hours

Missing $20 Billion: Nigeria’s Finance Minister Okonjo-Iweala Launches Expensive Media Blitz To Douse International Criticism

Denial Of Gusau’s Resignation Is Hog Wash, He Tendered His Letter of Resignation – Source

Most Popular

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Recent

Trump: Removing Iran’s Uranium is “Mostly PR”

U.S. President Donald Trump has publicly downgraded the urgency of recovering the 400 kg of 60%-enriched uranium still buried under the rubble of Iran's bombed...

US and Israel Prepping New Attack on Iran as Soon as Next Week – NYT

The United States and Israel are actively preparing for a renewed military assault on Iran, with strikes possible as early as next week, according to a New...

Trump, Tinubu Claim Killing of Top ISIS Terrorist Nigeria Already Said It Killed in 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump announced overnight that American special forces, working alongside the Armed Forces of Nigeria, had eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki...

Emperor Trump Considers Annexing Oil-Rich Venezuela as Part of US

U.S. President Donald Trump is "seriously considering" turning Venezuela – with its estimated $40 trillion in oil reserves – into a permanent part of the...

Bibi Blames Bot Propaganda, Promises to End Need for US Cash

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he intends to wean Israel off American financial aid within a decade – and that the dramatic collapse in U.S....

Iran War Emptied US Missile Stocks, Senator Warns – Years to Replenish

The United States burned through so much of its missile inventory fighting Iran that replenishing the depleted stockpiles will take years – and could...

IDF Soldier Puts Cigarette in Virgin Mary Statue’s Mouth

A photograph showing an Israeli soldier placing a cigarette in the mouth of a Virgin Mary statue in southern Lebanon has triggered widespread outrage online....

Iran Warns UAE: Stop Aiding US-Israeli Aggressors

Iran's Foreign Ministry has issued a sharp public warning to the United Arab Emirates, calling on Abu Dhabi to halt cooperation with parties hostile to Tehran...
spot_img

Related Articles

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Popular Categories

spot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x